This version of Cantrip introduces some tweaks that should make the game a bit more interesting. The biggest change is that each battle starts with a full hand. That means hand size actually means something, and it makes things a lot more exciting. Some cards have been nerfed, some cards have been powered up in order to make them more viable picks, and a few synergies are now easier to pull off. You also get more oppertunities to draft different cards. Lastly, the enemies have become a bit smarter. They will no longer kill themselves with combust and will no longer play completely useless cards.
This is the full list of changes:
- Each character now starts the battle with a filled hand. The player's maximum hand size is now 7, and some of the enemy's hand sizes have been tweaked.
- Amount of draft rounds and draft tiers were changed up to allow for a wider range of picks.
- When drawing at the start of your turn, if your hand is full with cards marked “unplayable”, you now discard the left-most card in your hand. This should prevent any type of deadlock caused, for instance, by both players having a hand full of only “Shield” cards.
- Enemies will no longer play “Combust” if it kills them to do so. It was fun while it lasted.
- Cards can now only be played if they have at least some effect. This also means the NPC enemies will no longer play any useless cards. For example: “Shield bash” can now only be played if the player has 1 or more “Shield” cards in their hand.
- “Combust” will no longer lead to winning and losing at the same time.
- There’s no longer a chance to get a floor 2 battle on floor 3.
- The cost of “Transmute shields” is now 0.
- The cost of “Seance” is now 1.
- The cost of “Revenge from beyond” is now 1.
- The cost of “Raise the dead” is now 0.
- The cost of “Desecrate” is now 0.
- “Shields up” now gives you 2 shields instead of 3. Its cost is now 1.
- “Stamina potion” now gives you 1 AP instead of 2.
- “Meditate” now says “Start your next turn with full AP.”
- Card effects that result in 0 damage no longer show the damage animation.
- The game now has a nicer logo and splash screen.
- The cards in a player’s hand are now centered nicely.
- Added a pause menu.
- Added a full screen toggle to the main menu.
- The opponent’s graveyard and draw pile size are now also shown.
- Your victorious run count is now saved between games.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.